In order to ensure a safe work environment T & L Excavations and Asphalting has adopted the following policy:
The health, safety and welfare of all employees, customers, sub-contractors and other interested parties are of the utmost importance to the organisation. All employees are committed to the prevention of injury and illness through the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
- An OH&S Management System that accords with current legislative and regulatory requirements, Industry Codes of Practice and relevant Australian Standards is established through consultation, communicated and effectively implemented by all employees.
- T & L is committed to the establishment, implementation and review of measurable OH&S objectives and targets to ensure continuous improvement in the provision and maintenance of a safe workplace environment.
- It is the responsibility of every person within the company to ensure that safe practices are employed for all work performed by themselves, their fellow employees or any visitor to our premises. Applicable corrective action is applied to all activities that do not conform to stated OH&S requirements.
- Occupational Health and Safety is a high priority. Applicable controls over customers and sub-contractors are established and effectively implemented to eliminate hazards and minimize risks associated in the workplace.
- T & L is committed to provide employees with ongoing training and the implementation of applicable practices that will ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- The OH&S Management System is regularly reviewed to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to the organisation.
Issue Date: 28/07/2014
In order to ensure compliance to legislated Environmental requirements and manage the business in an environmentally responsible manner, T & L Excavations and Asphalting has adopted the following policy:
- Where practical and possible, the organisation will continually improve the operation to minimize or eliminate any adverse environmental effects.
- Environmentally sound products practice and technologies will be used and recommended to all clients where appropriate.
- T & L is to take appropriate corrective action if an environmental incident occurs as a result of conducting our business.
- T & L through training and communication aims to cultivate amongst employees, an attitude of environmental awareness consideration and care as well as the acceptance of individual responsibility and legal obligations.
- Verification of Sub-contractor environmental training and awareness with regard to environmental responsibilities and legal obligations are carried out prior to their appointment and commencement of works.
- T & L will be receptive to customer and community environmental concerns and shall act as responsible corporate citizens.
- All employees are responsible and accountable for the protection of the environment during the day to day execution of their duties.
Issue Date: 28/07/2014
In order to ensure the realisation of our mission, T & L Excavations and Aspahlting has adopted the following policy:
- Establish and continue to maintain an effective quality management system that is reflective of our business activities and is, at minimum, in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System requirements.
- All employees within the organisation are committed to the effective and efficient implementation, management and improvement of the quality management system. They are also responsible to identify and prevent activities that do not meet stated organisational objectives and/or relevant industry standards.
- Products and services provided by the organisation shall meet or exceed customer needs and be in accordance with stated legislative and regulatory requirements. We shall regularly measure and communicate our level of achievement to all stakeholders as required.
- The current Quality Management Representative is responsible for ensuring the compilation, distribution, effective implementation, amendment and continued maintenance of the quality system manuals. All system outcomes generated within the quality management framework are to accord with specified objectives as defined by the Corporate Business Plan and meet stated quality, customer and statutory requirements.
- All quality system documentation is regularly reviewed to ensure that existing policies, procedures and practices are suitable, remain relevant and capable of meeting specified quality, customer and statutory requirements.
- The organisation will ensure quality through the provision of appropriate resources and provide employees with the necessary training to assure understanding and compliance with stated quality management system requirements.
- Preferred sub-contractors and suppliers are encouraged and assisted in the implementation of appropriated improvement programs that will ensure the integrity and continued maintenance of the organisation’s quality management system.
Issue Date: 28/07/2014
Environmental Sustainability Policy
The earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society and the performance T & L Excavations and Asphalting’s mission.
T & L Excavations and Asphalting accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations – in its own practice, as a participant in a community of practice, and as a participant in the Australian social discourse.
T & L Excavations and Asphalting aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers, and users at all levels.
T & L Excavations and Asphalting is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all of its operations but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
This Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
T & L Excavations and Asphalting commits itself to minimising its impact on our environment through
- Providing a safe and healthful workplace;
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community;
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling;
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
- Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and users – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
5th January 2018
T & L Excavations and Asphalting
Environmental Sustainability Procedures
It shall be the responsibility of the Board to establish and maintain policies and procedures and to bring these procedures into effect.
It shall be the responsibility of the CEO to ensure implementation of these policies and procedures.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will develop guidelines for staff, volunteers and users to adopt sound environmental work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are carried out.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will act responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. It will promptly report any such incidents to the relevant authorities, and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will, use reasonable endeavors to, reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will use all reasonable endeavors to that its services and products are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will use all reasonable endeavors to minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will use all reasonable endeavors to conserve energy by improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non- renewable energy sources when feasible.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will, use reasonable endeavors to, utilise its particular knowledge and experience to contribute to environmentally sustainable techniques, technology, knowledge and methods.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will use all reasonable endeavors to contribute to the maintenance and increase of biodiversity through its management of its landholdings.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will use all reasonable endeavors to meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements generally observed in its field, and will, in addition, adhere to the more stringent requirements of its own environmental policy.
- In order to continually improve its environmental management system T & L Excavations and Asphalting will use reasonable endeavors to conduct audits and self- assessments of its compliance with this policy.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will maintain an open and honest dialogue with staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and the public about the environmental, health and safety performance of its operations and services.
- T & L Excavations and Asphalting will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that every employee, volunteer and contractor is informed of and expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to management so that prompt action may be taken.
5th January 2018